Dr. Zaid Muhi-Eldeen Al-Daher
Name: Dr. Zaid Muhi-Eldeen Al-Daher
Department: Faculty of Advanced Technology
Job Title: Deputy Head of WORIC /Senior Lecturer / Consultant in Wireless Communications
Telephone: + 44(0) 1443 482524
Qualifications: BSc (HONS), MSc, PhD, MIET
Zaid Muhi-Eldeen Al-Daher graduated in 2003 with BSc (HONS) in Telecommunication Engineering from the university of Salford (Manchester). He then did a MSc in Communication Engineering at UMIST (University of Manchester) in 2004. Straight after, he joined the Radio Propagation group at Glamorgan as a Ph.D student in 2005. Upon completion in 2008 he joined in 2009 the George Green Institute for Electromagnetical Engineering at Nottingham University and in 2010 he rejoined the University of Glamorgan as a Lecturer.
Main Teaching Areas:
Digital Communication Systems, Digital Mobile Communications, Signals and Digital Communications, Satellite Communications and Electrical Science.
Main Research Areas:
- RF Planning Tools for Fixed & Mobile Small Cell Networks (see here).
- Measurements and modelling of EM fields and propagation modes in high frequency terrestrial networks (see here)
- 3D EM modelling of building scatter and surface irregularities at mm-wave frequencies
- Short-range/Backhaul high data rate wireless links (particularly at 40, 60 and 80GHz bands – IEEE 802.15.3c)
- Physical Optics and Ray Tracing
- Tranformation Optics
- FPGA/DSP Software Defined Radio for 60 GHz 802.15.3c Applications
- Channel sounding techniques
- MIMO and smart antennas
- Radiated emissions and immunity in GTEM and other RF cells
- Radiowave propagation in terrestrial networks, cavities and aircrafts
- 3D Electromagnetic simulations using Feko, CST and CONCEPT II
MH2S02: Signals and Digital Communications
MH3S24: Digital Mobile Communications
- ESDF A4B Funds
- WG Strategic Insight Programme Funds x 3
- Glamorgan Research Investment Scheme Funds
- 60GHz backhaul P2P link measurements, experimental studies and RF modelling in collaboration with (Sub10)
- SIP with RFMD and Keima
- “Performance of Zigbee Communications in an Aircraft Environment”, Department of Aerospace Sciences, Cranfield University, 2009/10
- Al-Daher, Z.; Ivrissimtzis, L.P.; Hammoudeh A., “Outdoor Coverage & Capacity Estimation in Small Cells with a 3D Ray Tracing Model”, Antennas and Propagation Conference (LAPC), 2013 Loughborough
- Kulon J, Roula A, Al-Daher Z, Zhang L, “An FFT based algorithm for particle charge measurement in the presence of a square?wave excitation field using Phase Doppler Anemometry”. IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology (ICIT 2013), pp.1069-1074, Feb. 25-27, 2013, Cape Town, South Africa.
- Al-Daher, Z.; Ivrissimtzis, L.P.; Hammoudeh, A. “Electromagnetic Modelling of High Frequency Links with High Resolution Terrain Data”, IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, 10.1109/LAWP.2012.2226135, Oct 2012.
- Al-Daher, Z.; Ivrissimtzis, L.P.; Hammoudeh A., “Physical Optics Modelling of Fixed Microwave Links with Digital Terrain Data”, Antennas and Propagation Conference (LAPC), 2012 Loughborough
- Muhi-Eldeen, Z.; Ivrissimtzis, L.P.; Al-Nuaimi, M. “Modelling and Measurements of Millimetre Wavelength Propagation in Urban Environments”, Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation Journal, IET, Volume: 4 , Issue: 9, Publication Year: 2010 , Page(s): 1300 – 13.
- Al-Daher, Z.M.-E. ; Nothofer, A. ; Christopoulos, C. ; Greedy, S., “Radiated emissions and experimental precautions of equipment with cables in GTEM cells”, Antennas and Propagation Conference (LAPC), 2010 Loughborough, Issue Date : 8-9 Nov. 2010, Page(s): 133.
- Z. Muhi-Eldeen, L.P. Ivrissimtzis, M.O. Al-Nuaimi, “Measurements and Modelling of Cellular Interference in Local Point-to-Multipoint Distribution Systems”, Muhi-Eldeen, Z.; Ivrissimtzis, L.P.; Al-Nuaimi, M.O.; Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation Journal, IET, Volume: 3 , Issue: 2, Publication Year: 2009 , Page(s): 250 – 259.
- Muhi-Eldeen Z., Ivrissimtzis L.P. and Al-Nuaimi M.O., “Measurements and Physical Electromagnetic Statistical Modelling of mm Wavelength Propagation”, Progress in Electromagnetic Research Symposium Proceedings, Hangzhou, China, March 2008.
- Muhi-Eldeen Z., Al-Nuaimi M.O., Richter J. and Ivrissimtzis L.P., “Measurements and Statistical Modelling of Channel & Interferences Distributions at mm Wavelengths”, International Symposium on Performance Evaluation of Computer and Telecommunication Systems, SPECTS, San Diego, July 16-18 2007.
- Muhi-Eldeen Z., Al-Nuaimi M.O., Richter J. and Ivrissimtzis L.P., “Performance Analysis of Reflection Paths for Millimetre Wavelength Systems”, IEEE International Conference on Computer Systems and Applications, AICCSA, May 13-16, 2007.* Z.Muhi-Eldeen, M.O. Al-Nuaimi, J. Richter, “Modelling Adjacent Channel Interferences for Local Multipoint Distribution Systems”, European Modelling Symposium, UCL, London, UK, 2006.
- Muhi-Eldeen Z., Al-Nuaimi M.O., Richter J. and Ivrissimtzis L.P., “Statistical Modelling of an Adjacent Channel Interference Scenario for Cellular Local Point-to-Multipoint Distribution Systems”, European Modelling Symposium, London, August, 2006.
- Muhi-Eldeen Z., Al-Nuaimi M.O., Richter J. and Ivrissimtzis L.P., “Measurements and Statistical Modelling of Co-Channel Interferences for Local Point-to-Multipoint Distribution Systems”, Workshop on Performance of Wireless Networks and Communication Systems (WiNCS’06), July 2006.
- Zhang J., Muhi-Eldeen Z., Al-Nuaimi M.O., Richter J. and Ivrissimtzis L.P., “Statistical Modelling of Building Scatter in Metropolitan Cells at 20 and 40 GHz for Fixed Wireless Access Links”, The 6th International Conference on ITS Telecommunications, (ITST2006) China June 2006.
- Muhi-Eldeen Z., Al-Nuaimi M.O., Richter J. and Ivrissimtzis L.P., “Measurements And Modelling For Fixed Wireless Access Systems At 40 GHz In Urban/Semi-Urban Cells”, IEE/IEEE LAPC Loughborough Antennas & Propagation Conference, Loughborough-UK, April 2006.
- Muhi-Eldeen Z., Al-Nuaimi M.O., Richter J. and Ivrissimtzis L.P., “Statistical Characterisation of Building Rooftop Scatter On Performance of Fixed Wireless Links In Urban/Semi-Urban Cells ”, IADAT International Conference on Telecommunications and Computer Networks (IADAT-tcn2005), Portsmouth-UK, September 2005.