Name: Yongkang Gong
Department: Faculty of Computing, Engineering and Science
Job Title: Research Assistant
Room: J Block Laser Lab
Yongkang Gong graduated in 2006 with Bachelor’s degree on physics from National University of Defence Technology (NUDT), China. He then joined State Key Laboratory of Transient Optics and Photonics, Xian Institute of Optics and Precision Mechanics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, and revived his PhD on optics in May 2011. Straight after, he joined Faculty of Computing, Engineering and Science, University of South Wales as a research assistant.
1. Y. K. Gong, X. Liu, K. Li, J. Huang, J. J. Martinez, L. Wang, Tao Duan, W. Zhang, and Nigel Copner, “Coherent emission of light using stacked gratings,” Phys. Rev. B, 005100(2013)
2. Y. K. Gong, K. Li, J. Huang, Nigel Copner, J. J. Martinez, Leirang Wang, Tao Duan, Wenfu Zhang, and W. H. Loh, “Spoof four-wave mixing for all-optical wavelength conversion,” Opt. Express 20, 24030-24037 (2012)
3. Y. K. Gong, X. M. Liu, and L. R. Wang, “High-channel-count plasmonic filter with the metal-insulator-metal Fibonacci-sequence gratings”, Optics Letters, 35(3), 285 (2010)
4. Y. K. Gong, K. Li, J. Huang, N. J. Copner, A. Davies, L. Wang, and T. Duan, “Frequency-selective nanostructured plasmonic absorber by highly lossy interface mode,” Progress In Electromagnetics Research, 124, 511-525 (2012).
5. Y. K. Gong, X. M. Liu, L. R. Wang, H, Lu, and G. X. Wang, “Multiple responses of TPP-assisted near-perfect absorption in metal/Fibonacci quasiperiodic photonic crystal,” Optics Express, 19(10), 9759-9769 (2011)
6. Y. K. Gong, Z. Y. Li, J. X. Fu, Y. H. Chen, G. X. Wang, H, Lu, L. R. Wang, and X. M. Liu, “Highly flexible all-optical metamaterial absorption switching assisted by Kerr-nonlinear effect,” Optics Express, 19(11), 10193-10198 (2011)
7. Y. K. Gong, L. R. Wang, X. H. Hu, X. H. Li, and X. M. Liu, “Broad-bandgap and low-sidelobe surface plasmon polariton reflector with Bragg-grating-based MIM waveguide”, Optics Express, 17(16), 13727-13736 (2009)
8. Y. K. Gong, X. M. Liu, L. R. Wang, Y. N. Zhang,“Unidirectional manipulation of surface plasmon polariton by dual-nanocavity in a T-shaped waveguide”, Optics Communications, 284, 795 (2011)
9. Y. K. Gong, X. M. Liu, and L. R. Wang, “Optimized synthesis of fiber Bragg gratings with arbitrary-shape triangular spectrum for wavelength-interrogation application,” Optical Engineering, 50(2), 024401 (2011)
10. Y. K. Gong, X. M. Liu, L. R. Wang, X. H. Hu, A. X. Lin, and W. Zhao, “Optimal design of multi-channel fiber Bragg grating filters with small dispersion and low index modulation”, Journal of Lightwave Technology, 27(15), 3235–3240 (2009).
11. Y. K. Gong, A. X. Lin, X. H. Hu, L. R Wang, and X. M. Liu, “Optimal method of designing triangular-spectrum fiber Bragg gratings with low index modulation and chirp-free structure”, Jounal of Optical Society of American B, 26(5), 1042–1048 (2009).
12. H. Lu, X. Liu, D. Mao, Y. K. Gong, and G. Wang, “Induced transparency in nanoscale plasmonic resonator systems,” Opt. Lett.36(16), 3233–3235 (2011)
13. H. Lu, X. M. Liu, D. Mao, L. R. Wang, and Y. K. Gong, “Tunable band-pass plasmonic waveguide filters with nanodisk resonators,” Optics Express, 18(17), 17922-17927 (2010)
14. H. Lu, X. Liu, L. Wang, Y. K. Gong, and D. Mao, “Ultrafast all-optical switching in nanoplasmonic waveguide with Kerr nonlinear resonator,” Optics Express, 19(4), 2910–2915 (2011).
15. R. L. Zhou, H. Lu, X. M. Liu, Y. K. Gong, and Dong Mao, “Second-harmonic generation from a periodic array of noncentrosymmetric nanoholes,” Journal of Optical Society of American B, 27(11), 2405-2409 (2010)
16. Mao D, X. M. Liu, L. R. Wang, X. H. Li, H. Lu, H. B Sun, Y. K .Gong, “Evolution of dual-wavelength solitons in an erbium-doped fiber laser, ” Laser Physics, 20(4), 847-854 (2010).
17. Y. N. Zhang, L. Y. Ren, Y. K. Gong, X. H. Li, L. R. Wang, and C. D. Sun, “Design and optimization of highly nonlinear low-dispersion crystal fiber with high birefringence for four-wave mixing,” Applied Optics, 49(16), 3208-3214 (2010)
18. L. R. Wang, X. M. Liu, Y. K. Gong, D. Mao, and X. H. Li, “Transitional and steady mode-locking evolution of dissipative solitons,” Applied Optics, 49 (16), 49 (14), 2665-2669 (2010)
19. L. R. Wang, X. M. Liu, Y. K. Gong, D. Mao, and H. Feng, “Ultra-broadband high-energy pulse generation and evolution in a compact erbium-doped all-fiber laser,” Laser Physics Letters, 8 (5), 376-381 (2011)
20. L. R. Wang, X. M. Liu, Y. K. Gong, D. Mao, and H. Lu, “Dissipative soliton generation/compression in a compact all-fibre laser system,” Electronics Letters, 47 (6), 392-393 (2011)
21. L. R. Wang, X. M. Liu, Y. K. Gong, D. Mao, and L. N. Duan, “Observations of four types of pulses in a fiber laser with large net-normal dispersion,” Optics Express, 19 (8), 7616-7624 (2011)
22. L. R. Wang, X. M. Liu, Y. K. Gong, D. Mao, and L. N. Duan, “Supercontinuum Generation Employing the High-energy Wave-breaking-free Pulse in a Compact All-fiber Laser System,” Laser Physics 21 (9), in press (2011)
23. X. H. Li, X. M. Liu, Y. K. Gong, H. B. Sun, L. R. Wang, and K. Q. Lu, “A novel erbium/ytterbium co-doped distributed feedback fiber laser with single polarization and unidirectional output,” Laser Physics Letters, 7(1), 63–67 (2010)
24. H. B. Sun, X. M. Liu, Y. K. Gong, X. H. Li and L. R. Wang, “Broadly Tunable Dual Wavelength Erbium Doped Ring Fiber Laser Based on a Highbirefringence Fiber Loop Mirror,” Laser Physics, 20(2), 1–6 (2010)
25. X. H. Hu, W. Zhao, Y. K. Gong, L. R. Wang, K. Q. Lu, and X. M. Liu, “Mode field diameter and nonlinear properties of air-core nanowires”, Chinese Physics B, 18 (8), 3183-3188 (2009)